Welcome to the greater Boston Job Training Alliance!
“Job Training: Works, Pays, and Saves”
In 2016, the JTA released a major research-based based study – “Job Training: Works, Pays, and Saves” – documenting the economic impact of community-based job training programs.
The results indicate that JTA member agency programs:
• Account for $10.8M in annual earnings by employed graduates of the programs;
• Contribute to a five-fold increase in paid federal and state income taxes;
• Raise the average hourly wage of employed participants by 65 percent;
• Contribute to an estimated 80 percent reduction in TANF benefits paid to participants;
• Account for high rates (76 percent) of post-program employment among program graduates;
• Result in $1.9M in reduced public assistance plus new taxes paid.
Early Childhood Education
Finance and Banking